Amy Runs New York

For the second year in a row I will be running the ING New York City Marathon with Team For Kids. Team for Kids is a great foundation that raises money to start and maintain running programs for kids in New York City public schools that may lack any sort of formal physical education program. I ask your support in helping me reach my goal to raise $2,000 for Team for Kids this year. If you would like to donate please follow the links and use my entrant number 18916

Sunday, September 10, 2006

18 Miles Down!

I ran an 18 mile training run with Team for Kids this morning! I am SO happy it is over as I had anxiety all night for some reason, and then even dreamed that I ran and finished it, so when I woke up I was not so happy to have to do it "again." Despite this it turned out okay. We started on West 72nd street and ran all the way up the west side to the Fort Tryon Park and the Cloisters, did a little loop there and then ran down, over the GW Bridget to NJ, turned around, and back to West 72nd. I felt fairly good until about mile 14, those last 4 miles were very slow but I still managed to finished around a 9:15 pace I think. I'm slowly getting a little faster, but not quite where I'd like to be yet. There was a huge TFK turnout, with many wearing their new bright green shirts. My sister Lisa ran with us as well, she finished about 10 minutes ahead of me.

Everyone always says you should take an ice bath after your really long runs. I can't do it, it just seems like after 3 painful hours of runnning, do I really want to torture myself all over again? I did manage to give my feet an ice bath today though, they really needed it (I'll spare you the details), and then I took a glorious 2 hour nap! The good thing about running that far is that you can be as lazy as you'd like for the rest of the day and eat whatever you like as well. I'm thinking about dinner already :)

Fundraising is going well - thanks so much to all who've helped me raise $440 thus far. I still have a long way to go towards my goal but I'm confident I can do it. Here is a pic of me after finishing last year. I managed to wear those orange freebie sunglasses as a headband the whole race last year without even knowing they were there. I hope this year I'm feeling as good as I seem to be here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home