Amy Runs New York

For the second year in a row I will be running the ING New York City Marathon with Team For Kids. Team for Kids is a great foundation that raises money to start and maintain running programs for kids in New York City public schools that may lack any sort of formal physical education program. I ask your support in helping me reach my goal to raise $2,000 for Team for Kids this year. If you would like to donate please follow the links and use my entrant number 18916

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Thanks for all the support!

I'm very grateful to everyone who has been supportive of both my fundraising and my running these past few years. While I believe Team For Kids is a very worthy cause, I was a little worried about asking everyone to donate to the cause for a second year. But it turns out I had little need to worry - I'm already halfway to my fundraising goal thanks to the many who've donated for a first or second time!

I'm also looking forward to marathon day (yes really) - the past two years I've had a great group of both friends and family come out and cheer me on. It really did make a difference to look forward to seeing them out there when running for hours upon hours. Here are a few of my friends last year - this was the second year that they made tshirts and they managed a laugh out of me when I saw them at mile 24!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home