Amy Runs New York

For the second year in a row I will be running the ING New York City Marathon with Team For Kids. Team for Kids is a great foundation that raises money to start and maintain running programs for kids in New York City public schools that may lack any sort of formal physical education program. I ask your support in helping me reach my goal to raise $2,000 for Team for Kids this year. If you would like to donate please follow the links and use my entrant number 18916

Monday, October 09, 2006

Getting Close



Less than 4 weeks until November 5th! The weekend after the 20 mile run I did 16 miles and felt good for the first time in a while on a long run. We ran 3 miles before the Greta's Gallop Half Marathon in the Park. It pretty much poured the whole time - which I preferred over the heat of the week before! I ran the first 3 at a 9:30 pace and then for the half I ran with Anna from TFK and we averaged 8:48 for the 13. Not even close to my best half ever but I was happy to feel strong through the whole 16 miles.

This past Sunday I ran 13 on my own as I was at my sister's house in Massachusetts. I was trying to push myself but I really am not very self-motivating when it comes to speed on my own. So it did not turn out to be the race that everyone else ran this weekend in Westchester. I probably averaged 9 minute miles. Last year I ran the Westchester half this weekend and ran my best race ever - a 1:41 half which equates to about a 7:45 pace!

This weekend we run 23!! I am determined to run it relaxed and just get the miles in without worrying too much about my time. After the 23 it's pretty much just tapering until marathon day.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger TFK Bob said...

Glad to hear you had a good 16 miler, you seem to be back to your 8:45 pace. Good idea on the 23 miler, best just to get the miles done and not worry about speed. I'm going to go slower than commute, everyone should.

I missed you at Westchester this year, you kept me going last year when we did the 7:45's.

See you on Saturday, unless you want to come over for the dinner movie non-fundraiser on Friday night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home