Amy Runs New York

For the second year in a row I will be running the ING New York City Marathon with Team For Kids. Team for Kids is a great foundation that raises money to start and maintain running programs for kids in New York City public schools that may lack any sort of formal physical education program. I ask your support in helping me reach my goal to raise $2,000 for Team for Kids this year. If you would like to donate please follow the links and use my entrant number 18916

Monday, October 16, 2006

Time to Taper!!

On Saturday I ran 23 miles... and I actually felt great (or as great as one can running 23 miles)!! We started on West 72nd street on the river - ran up to 105th, turned around and continued all the way down and around the bottom of Manhattan and up to East 25th street, where we then turned around and ran all the way back to West 72nd. So essentially we ran around Manhattan and back!

We were supposed to maintain a slower than normal pace and just get the miles in without worrying about time. I didn't push myself much at all on pace and ended up running just over 9 minute pace, which was much faster than I would have thought had I not been keeping track on my watch.

So now only 3 weeks (20 days to be exact) until race day. I am finally getting a bit excited. I needed that 23 to go well and now that it did I have a bit more confidence for marathon day. Other than some usual soreness on Saturday and Sunday I felt great.

Today I went to the Team for Kids shoe clinic and got some new Asics... all set for November 5th now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home